- I didn't spend anything today,
- The stock market was up 13 points, which meant my geared Australian Stock portfolio was up around $2,000,
- I did one forex trade, selling $50K AUD/USD spot at 0.8254 and closing out at 0.8243, making a $55 profit.*
- My US Stock Portfolio is up, currently having a calculated annualised return (XIRR) of 19.55%
Of course, not all days are like this, so it's good to savor them when they occur.
* A slight fly in the ointment was the fact that immediately after I closed my position the AUD dropped further to 0.8227 - if I'd held on for another few minutes I could have made an extra $85 profit, which would have moved me closed to an overall break-even position in my forex trading account. Then again, the last time I was too greedy when trading I ended up with no profit at all.